Good Karma + Best Ingredients = Spread Goodness
We use Fair Trade* Cocoa, Cane Sugar and Vanilla in our products. Simply put, this certification guarantees that the farmers who grow the ingredients used in our products receive a fair price for their crop so they can afford to feed their own families. Without them, we would be just Barefoot, with no Chocolate in sight. It is simply the right thing to do and we sleep better at night!
Our spreads contain No GMO ingredients. We also believe that people have a fundamental right to know what is in their food. Which is why, all the jar versions of our spreads have been formally verified by the Non-GMO Project. The single-serve versions have been enrolled with the project and are pending formal verification.
We use Organic: Sugar, Cocoa, Vanilla, Sunflower oil, and milk powder. Our coconut is sulfite free. This makes our (and hopefully your) taste buds happy.
We use 100% segregated certified sustainable palm fruit oil. It keeps Mama Earth and our inner tree hugger happy.
Our spreads have over 50% more nuts than the leading chocolate spread and over 20% less sugar.
We believe that great taste comes from having the perfect balance of the best ingredients. No Trans Fats, No hydrogenated oils , No solvent extracted oils, no added hormones, nothing artificial or synthetic. Period.
*Barefoot & Chocolate spreads are registered with FairTrade USA. We encourage you to visit their website to learn more about the importance of purchasing Fair Trade Certified products .
- Organic Sugar – Fair Trade certified
- Almonds *
- Hazelnuts *
- Palm Fruit Oil – RSPO 100% segregated Certified Sustainable Palm Fruit Oil. It is not hydrogenated or solvent extracted.
- Desiccated Coconut – We use real coconuts (not coconut flavor). Our coconut is sulfite-free. Desiccated simply means dehydrated.
- Organic Cocoa Powder – Fair Trade certified
- Organic Sunflower Oil – Expeller pressed
- Organic Milk Powder – rBGH and rBST free
- Organic Vanilla – Fair Trade certified
- Sunflower Lecithin – A natural emulsifier that we prefer as an alternative to the more widely used soy-lecithin.
- Sea Salt – French Sea Salt
*We aspire to use organic almonds and hazelnuts in our spreads and hope to fulfill that aspiration someday. However, the high costs currently associated with sourcing these organic nuts are prohibitive to us as a start-up. We hope that in time, as our volumes grow and market pricing for organic nuts improves, this will become a viable option for us.